Controlling noise pollution from engine exhausts is a priority for many organisations in the power generation market. It is essential that all Power Generation applications have the required noise control measures in place that ensures the facility meets with the relevant noise criterion.
IAC Acoustics is the global market leader in noise control engineering and is one of the premier manufacturers of engine exhaust system silencers. IAC has developed a range of absorptive and reactive engine silencers to satisfy most applications within the power generation market.
Typical performance of IAC engine exhaust silencers is as follows:
- Absorptive engine silencer: 15dB(A) to 25dB(A) (type SM15P and SM25P)
- Reactive and wave phase shift: 30dB(A) to 50dB(A) (type SM30P, SM40P, SM50P)
- Engine exhaust silencers from IAC provide reliability, optimum performance and effectiveness at a competitive price. Download this information leaflet to find out more about IAC’s engine exhaust silencers.
Key characteristics of IAC Acoustics Engine Exhaust Silencers
Engine exhaust silencers from IAC reduce engine exhaust noise from all types of internal combustion engines including petrol, diesel or gas. Our exhaust silencers have the following key characteristics and attributes:
- Specific applications: co-generation, containers, marine, rail, generation unit (backup, primary, no break)
- Circular, rectangular, or oval design
- Diverse material types to suit application
- Radial or axial intakes
- To satisfy the current environmental requirement, all silencers can be supplied with catalysts or selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems
- Standard and Bespoke Engine Exhaust Silencers
In addition to our range, IAC also offer special or tailor made silencers to suit customer specific requirements.
Our standard engine exhaust silencers are available in stock and offer a noise reduction of 15dB(A) to 50dB(A) using single units. However, if a greater noise reduction is required then this is possible by the use of multi-stage units.
A full accessory range of flanges, bellows, elbows, gaskets, nuts/bolts are available to compliment the silencer range. Other options include:
- The ability to integrate catalytic converters into the engine silencers
- Spark-arrestors are also available and can be supplied separately or integrated in silencers to comply with electrical and mechanical equipment for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX) standard.